Frequently Asked Questions

Listed Below Are The Most Common Questions We Get Asked By Our Customers. Simply Click On Each Question To Reveal Our Answer Or
Give Us A Call On 1300 724 118.

Send Us Your Enquiry Here

Photo / Plan Upload
(Optional - but it'll help us help you more)
NB. MAX UPLOAD SIZE = 10MB

Is Pergolas R Us A Franchise?

No!
Our business was started in 1993. And we later named ourselves as ‘Pergolas R Us’. We are not a franchise, yet we agree that it may ‘seem’ like we are by our name.
Pergolas R Us is a family founded, owned and operated business. For full details about our business, click on this page

About Us

We are proudly a family run business, so you can be assured you’ll get friendly, family service when you work with us.

Whilst you are on the web site, you may be wondering about ‘how good’ our business is and whether you should trust us to build at your home.

Well, we believe you’ll find a lot of ‘thank you’ notes from past customers like this one:

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you to others. I always feel confident in what was being done. You are very professional.” – Keith Claughton

Here’s a link to our past customer pages – you can have a read about what people have to say about us.

Do you leave a mess, and damage our garden?

No!

In fact, in our “9 Point Guarantee” you’ll find that point 7 states:

“Your garden will be protected and left clean on completion. However, in the unlikely occurrence that something is damaged, we will replace it free of charge.”

See point 7 here on our “9 Point Guarantee” for yourself by clicking on this link: 9-Point-Guarantee

Pergolas R Us know that we will be working on your ‘home’.

So we take care of not only our work but with the way that we work in and around your home and garden.

Often, other builders will ‘kill’ your garden, leave messy marks and fingerprints.

Here at Pergolas R Us – we take the extra steps to make sure your home is left ‘the way we found it’ – albeit with a superb new entertainment area!

It’s all part of the care and attention to detail we have with our business.

Do you have a list of past customers that can prove you’re a business worth buying from?
Yes!

Since 1993 we have successfully completed 3200+ projects.

Some of our clients and their ‘handwritten’ thank you notes can be found on these pages.

Feel free to click on this link and have a read of them.
Be assured that you’ll be safe when you buy from us. We are fully licensed, insured and registered with all the relevant building authorities.

If you’re dealing with us, you’ll get a business that ‘knows what we are doing‘. And that we also are ‘the best at what we do‘.

Do you guarantee your work?

Yes!

We have two different guarantees, you can see each of them on these two separate links:
9 Point Guarantee
Labour Guarantee

Now our pricing can tend to be on the ‘higher’ side of the market.

Why?

Because we do everything legally so that we build at your home knowing your safety is assured during the building, and for years afterward.

We have the best tradespeople, the best products and the best reputation for excellence throughout our 13 years of business.

We are in business – for the long term.

And to be around since 1993 we must have done some things right to have in excess of 3300 projects successfully completed.

So with experience and professionalism, we can guarantee our work.

Be assured you may, or may not, pay a little more for working with us, but your money and your home will be safe when we build your project.

And, most importantly, in the years to follow – you, your family, (your beloved children) and your friends will be safe playing on or under the projects we build for you.

A superb looking outdoor entertainment area – that complies with all the laws and is built to last – we guarantee it.

Do you guarantee your construction time?

Yes!

By now you’re beginning to understand how professionally we like to run our business. From our web site to our tradesmen to our cleaners – we pride ourselves on being friendly, courteous and professional.

And part of our service is guaranteeing our construction time.

When you buy from us we give you an “On Time Guarantee – or your labor is free”.
For full details click on this link: Labour Guarantee

Please go to the link above and read the full details, so that you know exactly what we’re offering.
Once again, you can be assured that we will build you a superb project, and it’ll be finished on time.

It’s just another reason why you should choose to buy from Pergolas R Us.

For all those people that get three quotes

The most important part of getting a quote we feel as builders are that you go with the person that listens to you and then comes up with the BEST design for your project.

The builder that provides you with the best designs for you – should be the one that you go with. Because they won’t just design well, they’ll build well too.

The two things go hand in hand.

Often customers like a design from one builder, yet want to keep the design and give it to another builder (who is usually cheaper) to build it.

That’s fair enough because they want to ‘save money’.

This may sound normal, yet please consider that not all builders are created equal!

So please consider what it may ‘cost’ you long term.

If someone can’t come up with a design, how could they know what goes into building one?

They may ‘say’ they may be able to build something that ‘looks’ like the design, yet they may not be able to build the project adequately to support the design.

And that could be dangerous, and perhaps illegal.

To illustrate this point, please consider an iceberg for a moment.

Now only 10% of the iceberg is visible from the top of the water, what sailors can’t see is the remaining 90% of the ice-berg that lays underneath the surface.

And to the sailors, the 90% underwater is the most dangerous part!

So now consider the project design you may be thinking of getting another builder to build.

That builder may make it ‘look’ like the design – but that’s only 10%. The remaining 90% is the detail that makes the design safe and legal.

So just like a sailor that can’t see the ‘hidden’ 90% of the iceberg, if you want a ‘cheaper’ builder to build the 10% of the project that you can see (the design), you may be sailing into dangerous water.

All builders are not the same!

When getting your ‘three quotes’ assess the builders based on their design and knowledge.

The builders that listen to you, and ask you the better questions – will not only design you a better project – they’ll also be able to build it. Safely and legally.

What to look for when you get your ‘three quotes’.

The most important part of getting a quote we feel as builders are that you go with the person that listens to you and then comes up with the BEST design for your project.

The builder that provides you with the best designs for you – should be the one that you go with. Because they won’t just design well, they’ll build well too.

The two things go hand in hand.

Often customers like a design from one builder, yet want to keep the design and give it to another builder (who is usually cheaper) to build it.

That’s fair enough because they want to ‘save money’.

This may sound normal, yet please consider that not all builders are created equal!

So please consider what it may ‘cost’ you long term.

If someone can’t come up with a design, how could they know what goes into building one?

They may ‘say’ they may be able to build something that ‘looks’ like the design, yet they may not be able to build the project adequately to support the design.

And that could be dangerous, and perhaps illegal.

To illustrate this point, please consider an iceberg for a moment.

Now only 10% of the iceberg is visible from the top of the water, what sailors can’t see is the remaining 90% of the ice-berg that lays underneath the surface.

And to the sailors, the 90% underwater is the most dangerous part!

So now consider the project design you may be thinking of getting another builder to build.

That builder may make it ‘look’ like the design – but that’s only 10%. The remaining 90% is the detail that makes the design safe and legal.

So just like a sailor that can’t see the ‘hidden’ 90% of the iceberg, if you want a ‘cheaper’ builder to build the 10% of the project that you can see (the design), you may be sailing into dangerous water.

All builders are not the same!

When getting your ‘three quotes’ assess the builders based on their design and knowledge.

The builders that listen to you, and ask you the better questions – will not only design you

a better project – they’ll also be able to build it. Safely and legally.

Our Credentials

Because customer satisfaction means a great deal to us so you can rest assured you’re dealing with a highly reputable and well established local business who is a proud member of the Master Builders Australia and Housing Industry Association.

Master Builders Australia
Housing Industry Association
Registered Building Practitioner Victoria

See What Our Clients Say

We have an excellent reputation and plenty of happy customers who are now enjoying the transformation of their property.

I have never dealt with such a well organised and professional company.

I thank you and your team for the commitment to time, quality and communications.

Well done to you all.

Regards

Steve & Andrea Crawcour

To all “the crew” – an excellent job.
You were the only company that listened to our requirements and produced a verandah plan to meet those.

It looks tremendous – much better than we’d hoped and with two young children, I’m sure it’ll see many years of constant use.

Many, many thanks…

Kath & John Inns

We were very pleased with the work done for us by the company.

You may be assured that it will blend with the property and looks as you may have envisioned it.

All the workers who were on our property were courteous and fast at their job.

Sandra Rogers

Call Us on 1300 724 118 or
Click Below to Enquire Now!

Submit your details today and one of our design consultants we'll give you a call within 24 to 48 hours.